DHB Office (hereinafter referred to as “us” or “we”) respects your privacy and processes personal data as a data controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
- what personal data we collect and how;
- for what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- how your personal data is protected;
- the rights you have as data subject;
- how you can contact us.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data that we process may include:
- Basic information such as your first and last name, prefix, title, address, phone number, e-mail address and any other personal data set out in an order form/e-mail/message etc. ;
- Contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address and phone number;
- Data related to the device you use to visit our website, such as an IP address;
- Data related to your visit to our website;
- Personal data you provide us for the purpose of buying books, attending events or meetings ;
- Any other personal data relating to you which you may provide us or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
We collect this personal data because you provided this data to us. For example, you may provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by entering your data on our website (by placing an order/by filling in an order form), by giving us your business card when paying your order.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
DHB Office may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To sell and deliver our books;
- To provide our services;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For marketing and business development activities, such as news updates, invitations for our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To handle your subscription to any of our events;
- To generate statistics regarding the use of the website and/or to analyse and improve the website.
We will process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a (sale) contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest;
- Your consent.
SHARING WITH OTHERS
- Third parties relevant to the services that we provide, such as on-line payment companies (Mollie…) so that you can realise your on-line payment , postal/shipping companies (in order to deliver your order), regulatory authorities and governmental institutions;
Third parties to whom we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. DHB Office is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties.
DHB Office has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. If you have any questions regarding the security of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact email@example.com.
You, as a data subject, have a number of legal rights:
- Right of access. This means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to erasure of the personal data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- The right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
The website does not use any tracking cookies or advertising cookies.
More information about cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org
If you need further information or have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing via: firstname.lastname@example.org or DHB Office, Hoofdweg 53, 1058 AX Amsterdam, the Netherlands.